Thursday, October 2, 2008

1st Line Model-“the Shade Effect” When I did this line art I made a repeated amount of lines moving downward becoming continuously smaller as they move downward, to give the effect of either distance or shading from black to grey to white. This means the size of line gives it less value, and from afar the thick to thin lines look like they are going from dark to light. The lines I did not keep perfectly straight, I made some slanted, this is to make the effect that the lines are falling down, this also works when I made all the lines horizontal, if I made the lines vertical the effect wouldn’t be the same. The other lines were kept straight so the piece wouldn’t look too busy. There was no rough needed for this piece, because I already had the idea in my head, the idea was risky but turned out fine, this piece someone is an illusion. I was inspired by grey scale; I figured out by using black lines, you could make the effect of gray, by size and distance.

2nd Line Model-“Waterfall” This particular line art didn’t take that much amount of time, but I was still careful with the placement of the lines. This piece was inspired by a waterfall. At first it wasn’t, but then the lines seemed jagged like a waterfall should be. It represents and shows it’s a waterfall, by the lines not only slanted to move downward, but the movement and rhythm of line shows the personality of a waterfall. First smooth the ridged from the small rocks in the way, straight down the crashes. The background I used more lines so it wouldn’t be plain in the background. I also used different size of line, to show the emphasizing power of force in every line moving downward, because when I think of a waterfall I think of power so I showed a lot of movement in this piece.

No comments: