Thursday, November 20, 2008

We had a assignment where we had to come up with an idea with the theme of "Dream", where we must take pictures that we took, or we used from the internet, then use them on photoshop to create a abnormal picture with the power of technology and ideas. For my idea i used the idea of people jumping off the building, with a background of text of random words that have to do with the concept of my idea, with blood splatters. yes, its true mine is somewhat graphic, and strange than the others, but I am sticking to this idea. My idea however, is not completely abnormal, considering that people jumping of a building wouldn't be impossible, but its still surreal because of the colors and density I used for the image and also, I am using many people than just one or two. The reason for the colors is because I wanted to make it somewhat scary, bone chilling.

The way how i did this is by first thinking of an idea, and then drawing the thumbnail. Next I needed pictures, a lot of them. So what I did was get images from the internet, and pictures I took myself. I needed many pictures because of my idea, the background I needed to do myself, (of text) but then I got the " Blood Splatters" off the internet and used the place tool to add them on the background. For the middle-ground, 9 the building) I used a image from the internet and simply placed it over the background, and finally for the foreground ( the people) I used images I taken, and images from the internet, and placed them over the middle-ground, but first I shrunk them down to the correct size and de-saturated  it to make it colorless ( I removed the color) and then placed it. For creating the shadows of the people on the building, I duplicated the people moved them down and played with colors with the paint tool, by taking the color of the building then slightly making it darker to look like a shadow.

No comments: