Friday, March 4, 2011

Good VS Bad Videos

This is my example of a bad video. The song itself is good, however the video has no meaning at all, and some of the "characters" are quite disturbing for general audiences. I think this video is a perspective of what its like under the influence of drugs, and there are bright colors that can cause epileptic side effects to some whom are common to get seizers. The "woman" or if they are woman, are wearing revealing clothing with suggestive gestures traced all through the video. This video is exactly like an acid trip, and I don't find it a good video at all.

The other video i chose was Linkin Park, "What I've done" the video didn't upload because blogger is weird. Well the video is my example of a good video, because the song has an amazing meaning, and the video itself communicates with the song together beautifully. The video gives you goosebumps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sgycukafqQ

1 comment:

Ms. Johnson said...

Thanks for posting this.
I agree with your views on the 2 videos. The first one has a pretty misogynistic view of women. Kind of disturbing that most directors seem to create videos for a mostly male audience (and a sexist one at that).

I really enjoyed the 2nd with its political message. The speeded up imagery helps to propel sense of time/life passing (ie. the clouds, the traffic etc).
Thanks.