Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Snake Heads Tattoo Artist Brand Summary

My graphics brand identity is called, "Snake Heads Tattoo Artist" and my business focuses on creating several unique tattoo design stencils and templates, and selling them to tattoo shops.

For my brand, I clearly show that I am a tattoo related business, with my main "logo" as a traditionally drawn snake. I confirm my credibility by having all the designs drawn by me, so all the designs have a similar look furthering the process of defining my brand.By creating traditional designs my prospective clients will be more emotionally attached to my brand; tattoo artists aim for traditional more than the new tattoo designs.

My target audience will be mainly tattoo shops and freelance tattooers (successful and developing). This can mean anything from veteran tattooers to beginners, since tattoo artists need stencil outlines to create images my brand creates specific images to the clients needs. Stencils however are only needed once (being only used to trace making them reusable) meaning I have to sell variety of different designs to attract more clients. My target clients are faced more toward new beginners since they will need stencils to start up. Creating both customizable and traditional stencils clients can get what they want and also attracting them to make their own choice. This creates a client "loyalty" since I can provide any design they ask for so they wont have to look for anyone else for the specific image that they want. This keeps my business strong by being able to sell more than one product rather than one specific product that I can only sell once.

Each image (traditional or customised) have a similar style, defining and recognizing my brand to the image. My brand focuses on providing high quality stencil images for freelance beginners and veteran tattoo artists. Since stencils are usually made by different artists and each look different in style and overall appeal, usually made with cheap papers and inks to make the image hard to trace and differentiate between colour and shading. Never being unified because of the different styles making them unappealing. I want to create a "classy" and "royal " feel to the art of tattooing.I wanted to create a brand that has only one style of stencil art, and that each image drawn is specifically created to look like the perfect traditional tattoo outline with crisp clean lines with options of coloured, shaded, or plain outlines.

The variety of options and style of layout of the stencil is where the customizing comes into play. Clients can choose how the images are laid out, and what quality of paper and size, inks, and details are put into the images. This freedom to have choice gives clients the feeling of royalty and importance, this is what I aim for in my brand.

Currently their are no big successful Tattoo stencil companies, the companies that do sell stencils are each made from a different artist which doesn't compete against my unified goal of having a similar style in all my drawings. This is why my brand will attract customers, bringing a new style and devotion to tattooing.

   

No comments: